Friday, July 15, 2016

Moved to a new place, desperately need landscaping help!

Hey guys, my new place has a terribly awkward landscape, and the front "yard" is made of multiple levels and I have no idea where to start. This is the gallery: http://ift.tt/29UdSJd

I need ideas! I tried just having plain grass in the top level but mowing around the trees in such a small space was too much of a hassle so I gave up (hence why it's overgrown).

I'll listen to any ideas, I just need something to work with. Ideally I'd like to integrate all of the layers so that I can easily interact with all of them. The bottom part with the olive tree/bush is the most awkward. I can't cut down the Pohutakawa but I'm willing to cut down others if necessary.

Details: I'm located in Auckland, NZ. The weather is topsy turvy. The soil is made up of clay under a layer of decent topsoil. It's located on the sunny side of my house, but the trees do cut the sunlight down so it's semi shaded. My budget isn't very high but it's not frugal either. I'll take any ideas. I'm a beginner at landscaping. This is my first place so everything is a first for me, but I'm keen to learn! I want to make this property beautiful.

submitted by /u/EinahpetsBest
[link] [comments]

from Home Maintenance Decor Design Construction http://ift.tt/29WaeA0
via /u/EinahpetsBest

No comments:

Post a Comment